Countdown to Takeoff!

Time Left In Mexico

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I am not from here!

Yup those were the magic words to starting a conversation, which also doubled up an excuse for bad dancing. This magic phrase has to be the ultimate social tool. I think this has to go down as one of my best nights ever, and definitely THE best one in Mexico City thus far. Even though my name has been fixed as "shashi mee" by dan's Amigos. I think its got something to do with Mexican fixation over Japanese food. Oh well i don't really mind, since they are a welcoming lot. I realized as a foreigner, it is so much easier to just go up and start a conversation, cos somehow they never think that you might possess an ulterior motive. Which is fantastic! i think the Latin people are generally friend!

Also.. we went clubbing(we were at a birthday party earlier), music was great. And it wasn't PACKED. For once i didn't feel like i was in Somalia competing for UN food supplies. After clubbing, in spite of the numerous health violations, i ate some spicy hot dogs from the street corner,,and they were absolutely delicious!

2 comments:

Wiggly said...

haha hero, so what is the name of this girl..or should I say girls?

utkarsh said...

yooo.. updates r getting slower :P