Countdown to Takeoff!

Time Left In Mexico

Thursday, July 3, 2008

La Peda

Which means booze party(translation courtesy of daniel's mum)! Sorry i couldn't blog about it yesterday, cos i was too tired when i got back home. On contrary to the popular belief that my WILD side would be unleashed in Corrona land, i have been pretty goody goody, like making my bed(my ex-roommate would consider that shocking), sleeping at 11pm, waking up at 630am, eating my meals on time and AT the dinning table! Something my mum would love to see happen in her own house :P well.. i am just following the saying.. "when in rome, don't do as home" ! anyhow.. i think most of you reading this are prolly interested to know HOW WAS THE PARTY! .. well it was pretty decent, it was with Dan's college mates, known as the "nerdy bunch". Party started with just me Daniel n the host. The three of us sat around playing some Dice game! again i expanded my vocabulary which involved calling..."Kings" "QueenS" "Aces".. etc! Then my brother from another mother, Daniel suggested we play a drinking game! Which ended in only Daniel drinking! I quickly dismissed the possibility of a conspiracy theory, which involved dan getting all the booze, after i saw utter disgust on his face as the Bacardi flowed like molten lava down his throat! and of course the words that followed, "I HATE BACARDI SHOTS", erased all suspicion The host (Juan) and i exchanged some looks as we saw Dan get rather "cheerful" after the shots.. thats when he unleased his ultimatum on me.. "Sachin Patney, this is the last week i will tolerate English from you! after which le hablaré solamente en español. ".. so yes! my clock is ticking! Times when i wish now i had payed more attention to what Cristina (my spanish teacher) had to say! . back to party! .. at around 10ish.. the other crowd started to filter into the house, and as i was warned pre-party(Dan had given me a detailed analysis of the guests turning up), No eye candies! NADA! ya and, they just observed me from a distance like i were a new arrival at the zoo! I am starting to get used to hearing the accent now, but not enough to conquer my PRC trepidation!Most of the party involved talking.. and more talking, somewhere in between a discussion about intelligent homes, where i despensed my two cents , and before the party really got kicking we had to Vamos, cos daniel had work the nextday, though he did offer me to stay longer! But.. it wasn't that interesting, plus i didn't want to walk back in alone in the cold. All in all a decent first Mexican party experience! Later today, we are gonna have lunch with some of Danny's other friends! Also Alex, dan's hermano (brother) has planned to visit sometime in the week to a theme park with him,his gf, and his gfs friends, so that i can expand my social circle! how nice!.. AND the saving the best for the last! I have a found a place to STAY! right here :) Danny's mum has agreed to acomodate me, except i need to adhear to the house rules which include curfews on how late i come back etc, which in my opinion is a fair deal for the comfort n safety :) Latez!

4 comments:

savoirefaire said...

Whoo, that is excellent news! No more dodgy roommates to deal with. :) It so great that you'll be forced to pick up Spanish quickly because it is probably the best way you will learn. Make sure you keep making your bed!

Anonymous said...

Well well I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your party...I'm sure in the next few parties you will be staying on longer...hahah! Great that you have a place to stay and have fun widening the social circle...keep posting!

Salony Kapur said...

Its hard to catch up with your speed sach...but good going!! you dint disappoint me
So last week of english means spanish posts from next week? :P
In that case we gonna need Tulsi to release the singapore version of ur blog

Iman said...

ahahah spanish posts AHHAHA PRC AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

i eat strawberry flavoured caramel corn. sugarrush.

words is difficult for brain to process.
EH TAKE more PHOTOS AND POST UP LAH.